How To Pack A Carry-On For 11 Days Of Travel.

My mission...  

Pack for 11 days of travel (including New Year's Eve, a wedding dress rehearsal and wedding) using only this...


A carry-on piece of luggage.  Baggage allowance restrictions force me to keep it my luggage to 40 pounds in total weight and 45 inches in total measurement.

(Mother fuckers!)

Well, you know what?  I did it!

Here's everything in the case...


And here's the total weight of the piece...


(It's 28 pounds, photographed upside down.)

Bet you're wondering what I've packed, huh?  Here you go:
  • 1 pair of jeans (I'm wearing a second pair on the plane.)
  • 1 red cotton dress
  • 1 purple cotton dress
  • 1 pair of leggings
  • 1 pair of Tory Burch silver flats
  • Flipflops
  • Manolo Snakeskin Sandals
  • Calypso Silk dress (for wedding)
  • Black Theory Tank (to go under the Calypso dress, as it is lowcut, and I don't feel like showing off the "goods in the hood")
  • Black Anthropologie dress (for rehearsal dinner and possibly New Year's Eve)
  • Yoga pants (for working out)
  • Sports bra
  • Tank (for working out)
  • Favorite gym shirt
  • 5 tank tops
  • Blazer
  • Black sweater
  • As much underwear as possible (in reality, about 6 pairs)
  • Two bras
  • Yoga pants (for sleeping)
  • Tank (for sleeping)
  • Longsleeved tee (for sleeping)
  • T3 travel blowdryer
  • Adapter/Converter for dryer
  • 2 brushes
  • Comb
  • Make-up bag
  • Tampons (TMI? Well, you always have to be prepared people!)
  • 1 Sweater vest
  • 1 White cotton blouse
  • 1 Black trendy top for going out
  • 2 necklaces
  • 1 pair of earrings
  • 1 Bikram yoga top
  • 1 pair of Bikram yoga shorts
  • 1 bag of beauty products (3-1-1 rule!)
  • 1 make-up bag

Before you begin to wonder how I will survive with only 6 pairs of underwear... I plan on doing laundry while I am there.  Actually, I will probably give it to the hotel to do for me.

And here's what's going in my personal carry-on:
  • laptop
  • camera
  • three DVDs
  • 1 book
  • eye mask for sleeping
  • hand lotion
  • lip balm
  • passport
  • sunglasses
  • eyeglasses
  • iPod
  • Power cord

And here's what I will wear on the plane:
  • Burberry trench coat
  • Blue Scarf (also a shawl)
  • Tank top
  • Bikram yoga hoodie sweatshirt (Gotta represent!)
  • Jeans
  • Sneakers
Vacation, here I come!

Comments

Truthseeker said…
Have fun! Your list looks well prepared, but no bathing suit for possible beach time???
Anonymous said…
I am in shock - I almost don't believe it.
11 days - carry on; you've set the bar high, Missus!
~Tiann
I can't believe it. I couldn't even do it for 4 days!!!!

I was going to mention the bathing suit too, and a hat!
Leah J. said…
I'll be honest-- that's amazing! I wonder if I can pack a carry-on for my 7 days in Colorado in January... I'm thinking no.

Congrats on getting it all in! Have fun in Oz!
April Elizabeth said…
i am realy impressed you were able to do that. You should be paid to pack for people.

im also impressed you plan on exercizing during vacation. No thank you. I like my vacations lazy and sugar filled. Good for you.
Me said…
Didn't even think about the hat or the bathing suit!!!!

Easy enough to pack that too. And I can just throw my Red Sox or Arizona Wildcats caps in my carry-on too.
bonbonagogo said…
Dear Missus:

You are an expert packer! You have really gotten it down to a science. However, you are quite the world traveler. Just this year alone you have been to Canada, Mexico, France, Italy and now Australia. Am I missing any? Damn, sam. JEALOUS!

-Singleton in Stamford
Me said…
LOL! It wasn't France, it was London. I would like to go back to Paris though... In the Summer or Spring.
Bex said…
What suitcase/carryon do you use? I can't believe you got ALL THAT into ONE SUITCASE!

Popular Posts