Impromptu Dinner: Elegant Frozen Pasta.

I got home form Bikram tonight at about the same time The Husband got home from the gym.  I had originally planned to make fish, rice and zucchini for dinner... But the husband made a "frownie" face at that plan.  

:(

So instead, I dug in the freezer and pulled out our usual back-up plan... Frozen pasta. 

Tonight's pasta was butternut squash ravioli...  And it's one of our favorites.  Though, you can't just throw a tomato sauce on it.  And because I hate heavy cream sauces, those are out too.  So, while the pasta was boiling away happily, I toasted some chopped walnuts.  

Then, I took those out of the pan and dropped in a table spoon of butter with a chiffonade of sage.  When the pasta was done, I spooned the butter sauce out and sprinkled on the walnuts.


Hmm...

Easy and yummy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Chiffonade!

Incredible throw together. Thanks for the inspiration.
Unknown said…
YUM. What brand of frozen pasta do you use and where do you get it?
Me said…
Thanks Caitlin!

I used the Whole Foods 365 Everyday brand. It's like $2.79 a package in the frozen foods section.
Vanessa said…
Oh perfect! Two nights ago I made butternut squash ravioli from scratch and it came out great...except the sauce. You've just given me a great idea and I think the ravioli will make another debut tonight. Thank you!
Anonymous said…
Such an inspiration. Dave's pasta in Davis Square makes great homemade pasta too. Their lobster ravioli is amazing, real chunks of fresh lobster in it! I stock up on the frozen pasta including butternut squash ravioli every few months. They also cut a few varieties of fresh pasta to order, so when I want to make a lasagna they will cut it to the size of my lasagna pan.
Anonymous said…
oops, I forgot to sign my 'anon' post last night.

Do you have any idea how good you have it with your CHEAP prices down there!?
$2.97 a package!!! I'm in shock.
Ohhhh, well, you'll see when you move up here.
:)
~Tiann

Popular Posts