It Was A Leap Year, But My 2008 Only Had 365 Days...

I realized something today...

The year 2008 was a Leap Year, and therefore, is supposed to have 366 days.  But my 2008 only had 365 days.  And my 2009 will actually have 366 days.

Why?

Well, The Husband and I left for Melbourne on the 25th of December.  ("Merry Christmas" to us.) Because we crossed the International Date Line in our flight over, we completely missed the 26th of December, and arrived in Melbourne on the 27th of December.

Now, when you travel West across the Date Line, you do get the day you skipped back.  But it'll come back to you when you return.  The Husband and I leave Melbourne on the 3rd of January, in the afternoon.  We arrive in San Francisco on the 3rd of January in the morning.  

So, we get two January 3rds. And in my reality, 2009 is a Leap Year.

This must mean something for my 2009...

Comments

Popular Posts