Healthy Dish For The Weak: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.

I got up today, and it was freezing out.  It was also snowing.  But the snow was not sticking.  So it was really just wet out.

Wet and cold.

So out came the cookbooks.  And I found the easiest recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup in the Barefoot Contessa Family Style book.



Yum!

It's a whole chicken breast, roasted with the skin on it.  And then I took two quarts of chicken stock and mixed that with celery and carrots.  Then I tossed in egg noodles.  And after about 10 minutes, I threw the chicken (chopped up) and some parsley in to the mixture.

I paired the soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.  This was a perfect winter-ish Sunday meal.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Yum.
Yep; soup & grilled cheese the ultimate comfort food.

I have a cute story. My mum worked for an airline that my boyfriend at the time was flying in on to see me and she told me she was going to arrange a special meal. As he tells me; the flight attendant is giving everyone their chicken dish or beef dish and I'm wondering 'ohhh, what's mine going to be' and I got tomato soup and grilled cheese!
~Tiann
Vanessa said…
Your soup looks fantastic even if there are no mushrooms!

Popular Posts