Cookies... Cookies... Cookies...

I somehow managed to volunteer to set-up the holiday party this year for the company.

I'm not even sure how it ended up on my plate, though I am sure I brought it on myself.

After scouting out one fantastic place to do a later-afternoon lunch for the small company I work at, it was suggested to me that not everyone at the company would like the food it served.  You know, because most people don't like pizza or Italian food.  So, I decided to go with a place right around the corner from work, which has an excellent cocktail list and bar set-up.

Beyond the menu and set-up planning, I also find myself wanting to make the event more festive than it probably needs to be.  And by that, I mean that I am attempting to put together little cookie boxes for each place setting.

And did I mention there are like 30 people coming to this?

By cookie boxes I mean little cardboard boxes, decorated seasonally, and filled with treats of the baked nature.  And since I don't do store-bought baked goods, I am baking them myself... From scratch.

So what's going in these little boxes?  Well...

That is a surprise.  I won't post about it till I finish all the baking.  But it will be yummy.  And mostly of the chocolate variety.  

And yes, I realize that not everyone likes chocolate... But you know what? I don't give a crap.  I already got suggested out of my original place for the party...  So I don't care.

Besides, I think most people will appreciate the thought.  And if they don't, well, then there's always the insistence that there be an open bar for which they can thank me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh wow - the cookies are lovely touch.
Hope the party is indeed merry,
~Tiann
Unknown said…
karaoke in the private room at silvertone's never disappoints...

Popular Posts