Bikram Yoga Melbourne.

I got up early today, about 7:30am, and was on my way to Bikram Yoga Melbourne in the Richmond district by 8:15am.

Class was scheduled to start at 9:30am, and according to Google Maps it was gonna take me 45 minutes to walk the nearly two miles there.  It did not though...  It only took me about 30 minutes. 

It was easy to find, as Melbourne is on a grid system...


I went in for my 90 minutes of hot yoga.

The differences I noticed between Bikram in Boston and in Melbourne were:
  • They don't sell drinks with electrolytes.  So they had no coconut water for after class.
  • The towels they rent you are very fluffy.  Makes balancing on them a little difficult.
  • They keep the room very hot.  About 117 degrees Fahrenheit.
It was a good class.  I was very dehydrated though.  So it was rough.  I hadn't eaten anything in over 12 hours, but yet I found myself experiencing severe acid reflux because of the heat and the dehydration.  I actually threw up a teeny-tiny bit of acid into my mouth during Half Tortoise pose.  And Rabbit pose?  I was utterly useless in that one.

I ended the class fairly strong.  And I caught a cab back to my hotel, as the nearly two mile walk was just not going to be happening after the class.  And once back at the hotel, I washed my yoga clothes in the bath tub...



And hung them to dry...

Comments

Popular Posts