Yep, There's Lots Of Space For Lease In Downtown Crossing...

And it looks like they're getting more creative with the advertising.  Check out the latest ad in the window of what used to be a Mrs. Field's shop five years ago when I first moved here (and has been pretty much vacant since then)...


Yes... The ad isn't particularly funny.  But I still find it amusing.  Why?  Well, because that's a Chloe Paddington handbag that the woman is carrying in her hand.  

In fact, it's the same one I bought three years ago, and still love and carry to this day.

I think that space will continue to sit empty for another five years though.  There's too much space in Downtown available these days...  And the location isn't exactly the greatest.  I have no idea what type of business would do well there.

Well, actually I do.  But Boston seems to be adverse to putting Taco Bells in convenient locations.  

Comments

Unknown said…
the giant hole to nowhere where filene's used to be is even worse than the numerous vacant stores in DC. I read that the financing fell through and nothing is going to be built anytime soon. yikes!
Me said…
Yep, Cody.. That's what I heard too. Such a shame too. Downtown just really isn't much of a job to be in... Other than the huge Borders Bookstore and a handful of shoe stores... But there isn't much variety.

Popular Posts