"So It's Not An Island For Gay Men?"

I work in travel. And because of the nature of what I do, I come across random facts and knowledge about destinations I have never even heard of until now.

This was the case today... I found myself looking at code data for a place I had never heard of before, and that sounded like it could totally be a great destination spot for some people I know...

Me: "Hey! Have you ever heard of the Isle of Man?"

The Grammar Vandal, who sits right next to me: "Yes. It's off the
coast of England."

Me: "Is it an island for gay men?"

She looks at me. And laughs.

The Grammar Vandal: "No."

She looks at me as though I am silly. Which I guess I am. But it sounded like it could be a great destination spot for single gay men. Or single straight women. Yes?

Comments

ESteid said…
The Isle of Man is a Mecca for automotive enthusiasts.

There has been a motorcycle race on the island since 2007. Considered to be one of the most deadly because if a racer were to crash they would be thrown into a house or building.

The modern roads were designed and built to foster those races, and to this day the island maintains no speed limits.

Youtube "Isle of Man" the first two videos are a good illustration.
Me said…
Yeah... I learned that when I was researching it.

Of course YOU would know about it!

Popular Posts