Gingerbread Box.

I wasn't feeling too good last night.

I went to bed about 9pm. I woke up at about midnight and couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour. When I finally went to sleep, I had another odd dream.

In this dream, I was in a classroom. The teacher had a cupboard filled with things that she would pull out, and we would call out what they were.

Before the teacher had a chance to pull something out one time, I shot my hand up in the air. I knew that I would be able to name what it is once she pulled it out. I had no doubt in my mind.

She pulled out a box that appeared to be made out of gingerbread. It was decorated with hardened icing around the edges of the box.

I was about to say, "It's gingerbread!" But something stopped me.

I looked around at the faces of all the other students. They were mouthing to me what the answer was. But I couldn't really understand what they were saying. I did recognize that they weren't mouthing "gingerbread" to me though.

So I paused. And I looked at the box again. And I decided to just go with it.

"It's gingerbread," I told the teacher confidently.

"No," she said. "It's not gingerbread. It's 'purpose.'"

"'Purpose?'" I asked... All confused.

"Yeah, purpose!" agreed all the students with the teacher.

I was confused. I didn't get it. Everyone else acted like it was logical. To me, it made no freaking sense. What I saw was a gingerbread box. I didn't understand how everyone else got "purpose" out of that.

Then I woke up.

So, I don't know what the dream meant... But here's what the dream dictionary says about the elements:
  • ginger - To see ginger in your dream, indicates security and comfort in your life. But you need to add some more excitement and variety to you life.
  • bread - To see bread in your dream, represents the basic needs of life. Bread may signify the positive qualities and great things you have learned on your journey of life.
  • box - To see a box in your dream, signifies your instinctual nature and destructive impulses. Alternatively, you may be trying to preserve and protect some aspect of yourself. The box may also symbolize your limitations and restrictions.
If anyone can interpret this for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

Popular Posts