A Great Workout: Hopscotch!

I hadn't played hopscotch in probably 20 years... But I never realized that it was a great way to get some cardio in!

Seriously! My trainer made me do hopscotch this morning in our training session. Well, I didn't do it on a hopscotch grid, like you see on playgrounds. She took a rope ladder and laid it across the training floor. I then had to various hops, jumps, runs and leaps into each of the rope rungs.

Back and forth. Back and forth. Over and over and over and over again... It was insane! And my heart rate? It stayed up around 155 beats a minute! That's some serious cardio! And I burned 416 calories in my 60 minute session. (Normally, I burn about 300 weigh training with her.)

I swear, working out with a trainer is fantastic. It's not so much about the motivation, as I don't whine and do what she tells me to do with no complaints... It's more about the variety and innovation of stuff she has me doing. It's so cool!

Comments

Popular Posts