"I Made You Dinner."

These words sometimes are a bit misleading when spoken by The Husband.

You see, The Husband doesn't exactly have culinary skillz. He knows how to use the microwave. And I taught him how to boil water for pasta and Kraft dinner. And until I tossed it out, he was the king of the George Foreman grill.

So when I come home from a long and ridiculously hot yoga class and hear the words "I made you dinner!"... Two things come to my mind:

"I'm not really in the mood for microwaved hot dogs."

and

"Why did you make me dinner?"

Before I had a chance to say either thing, The Husband explained that he didn't feel like waiting for me to eat because he wanted to go to a bar in the neighborhood to watch a football game with some friends.

Normally, when we have this type of situation though, he will usually only make dinner for himself and leave me to fend for myself. But nagged some sense into him, and now when he can't wait for me to get home to eat, he'll try to make something for both of us.

But I can only eat so many hot dogs and helpings of Kraft dinner.

Though, I didn't have to worry about having hot dogs last night... He surprised me with a frozen pizza cooked in the oven. The OVEN!

You can imagine my jubilation upon hearing that we were having pizza instead of hot dogs. I had forgotten I had shown him how to use the oven a few months back.

My husband is quite an accomplished man.

Comments

Popular Posts