South End Breakfast.

I popped out on my back deck this morning to test the temperature before I left for work. I found it to be quite nice... A light chill in the air meant that I could pull out some of my fall clothes.

But as I was out there testing the temp, I noticed a neighbor below settling into his morning breakfast outside.



Still dressed in his robe and house slippers, he made himself toast with and egg in the middle, orange juice and coffee. He ate this while reading the latest IKEA catalog.

I wondered what kind of job he had that allows him time in the mornings to relax into breakfast. He's so lucky. I want the kind of charmed life where I can actually sit down and enjoy breakfast on a workday morning.

I mean, a Starbucks latte at my work desk in the office while getting pissy about something was just not the same as this neighbor's breakfast ritual.

Lucky!

Comments

Popular Posts