The Orange Line Stinks.

This is not a posting to complain about the service of the T. I like the Orange Line's service. I have never had a reason to complain about that line when it comes to timeliness...

But the way it smells... That's a whole 'notha thing.

The Orange Line smells bad. I've been so exhausted this week (could be from the double dose of acupuncture I had on Tuesday and then on Wednesday again), that I couldn't muster the energy to walk the mile and a half to work today. So I popped into Backbay T station to catch the Orange Line to State Street.

I inserted my T pass, walked down the stairs, and the appropriate train was arriving. (This always happens for me when I take the Orange Line.) But once I hopped on the train, I got a grody surprise...

The air was filled with a moldy, tobacco-y, urine-y, puke-y smell. And no matter where I shuffled to in the train car, the smell was still around me.

As soon as I got to work, I ran to the bathroom and washed my hands four times... Just in case the smell and germs of the car latched on to me.

But you know what? Despite possibly needing a surgical mask and series of immunizations to ride the Orange Line... I don't care... As long as the train keeps running on time. That's all that matters to me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're lucky that's not a permanent smell. It seems the CTA here in Chicago has a less than desirable smell. Especially the stations. I'm surprised nobody has suffocated while waiting for one of the always-late trains due to holding their breath.
Unknown said…
Have you enjoyed the death-musk that is the Downtown Crossing Red Line stop?

If not, wait until the summertime...yikes.

Popular Posts