Summer-y Thanksgiving.

I realize that while Canadian Thanksgiving may take place six weeks before the America version, it does mean the weather will trend warmer than it does in November. However, the weather this weekend in the little town of Niagara-On-the-Lake, Ontario was ridiculous.

Five years ago, when I made my first trip to NOTL for Canadian Thanksgiving, I had to wear a wool coat. The average afternoon temperature was about 45 degrees. There were colorful leaves on the trees and on the ground. The air was crisp. It made you crave turkey and apple pie.

This weekend though, all we got was summer.



The average afternoon temperature this weekend was in the high 70s. Most people we saw walking around the tourist town were in shorts and sandals.

The main street (Queen Street) was still in bloom with it's summer plants.



And I even found a lady bug resting on a blade of grass.
(This picture is for Red... As she loves the ladybugs so much.)

It was an insanely warm weekend. It was even warm enough for The Husband and I to walk home at 11pm at night from a musical we caught at the Shaw Festival.

I like my Thanksgivings to be slightly cool. At least cool enough to wear sweaters. And I won't be able to get a cool American Thanksgiving this year, because we will be the Turks and Caicos for that.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have a white Christmas this year?

Although, I'll be in the desert for that... So it's not likely.

Bummer... None of my holidays will match my ideal weather this year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the ladybug pic!

Popular Posts