Sam La Grassa's - Never Eating There Again.

So many of my friends have told me I am quite lucky to be working downtown, right around the corner from Sam La Grassa's, the legendary sandwich joint.

I beg to differ.

My co-workers convinced me to order a sandwich from their for lunch today. They did warn me first though that the sandwiches were "monstrous." So I did kinda know what to expect when I ordered my pastrami on rye with spicy mustard.

What I did not expect was the stomach ache that came about halfway through one half of the sandwich!

Ugh!

I only got through 55% of my sandwich before I had to toss the soggy, beefy mess out. It was mostly tasty. But I had to take off about 70% of the meat that was on the sandwich just to get down what I was able to get down.

To make things worse, the gross pukey feeling stuck with me all afternoon. And it's a "yoga day" for me. So I had to go to class at 5:30pm.

Needless to say, it was a horrible class for me.

So far, I've downed three coconut waters to help make me feel better. But I think I may switch to soup and salad tomorrow. I've eaten my ration of meat for this week.

Blegch!

Seriously though... Who the HELL needs about a pound of meat on their sandwich? It was two regular-sized slices of rye bread! No one needs a sandwich quite that dense!

I am never eating there again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm with you on Sam La Grassa's. Long live Chacarero!
Me said…
Yah! I agree.. Chacarero is DEFINITELY a better choice...

YOu get a resonable amount of meat, and they even throw in some green beans. Yummy!
Anonymous said…
Sorry, but if the line is too long at Chacarero, then it's Sam La Grassa's for me. Two days in a row, a tuna melt ("Hold the bacon, thanks") for lunch.

Popular Posts