Airplane Beauty Ritual: Hydration! Hydration! Hydration!

T-minus 4.5 days till I leave for Europe. (Yay!) Frogger and I are catching a flight to London, where we will then connect to a flight to Amsterdam. The first leg of our trip over is the longest. I will likely do what I always do as soon as I sit down in my seat on any plane: Fall asleep.

But before I do, I will be slathering on one of my favorite products:



Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask.

This is a hydrating mask I have written about in the past. It's so thick, but light. And it works heavenly. Additionally, the smell of it is heavenly - but then, I think that about pretty much all of the Fresh products I use.

We all know (or rather, you should) that airplane air is nasty and dehydrating. So in an effort to combat this and keep my face from looking puffy and haggardly, I will performing the following ritual.
  1. Hit 7am Bikram class. (The inversions and exertion in class will help me sleep on the plane.)
  2. A few hours later, workout with trainer. (This will also help tire me out, and make me feel less restless.)
  3. Beginning four hours before showing up to the airport, down 64 ounces of water. (This won't be difficult, as I will be re-hydrating from morning workouts.)
  4. Rinse make-up off before boarding the plane. (It would be obscene not to show up wearing a little mineral foundation at least!)
  5. Once boarded, spray face with Fresh Rose Marigold Tonic Water. (I use this every day before I put on my moisturizer.)
  6. Then, slather on black tea mask... Place a small amount on forehead, neck, cheeks and "laugh line" areas. Avoid nose and most of chin. (I don't have dehydration problems in those two areas.)
  7. Wipe off excess mask from finger tips with hand wipes.
  8. Dab eye cream around my eyes.
  9. Dab lip balm on lips.
  10. Pull hair back in silky scrunchie. (Don't laugh! These things are GREAT for avoiding tangles in long hair when you sleep.)
  11. Eat some fruit. Try not to eat in-flight meal. (Adds to puffiness of all sorts: face, waistline, ass...)
  12. Watch Twilight. (It's one of the few movies being offered on the way over to London that I will gladly watch.)
  13. Fall asleep.
Once I land in London, I will rinse the mask off. One of the creators of Fresh recommends you keep the mask on overnight, so it is okay to keep it on for the six hour flight to London.

The flight from London to Amsterdam is much quicker. So I won't worry about repeating the process a second time. I may spritz some more of the tonic on my face, and add some of my regular moisturizer. But that's it.

Comments

Frogger said…
Great regime! You reminded me to get my 'airplane hydration bag' ready! Remind me to get food BEFORE the boarding the plane so we don't have the same unfortunate incident as our last European flight.

Popular Posts