I Ate Meat. But It Was So Worth It.

Yes. I ate some meat. And with only four days left to go in Lent. But, it was for a good reason: Passover.

Okay, so I know I am not Jewish. But I was honored with an invite to a Passover Seder. And it was very educational and the food was delicious. And I'm not sorry, but I couldn't pass up this gorgeous brisket that Frogger made...



I had one slice of it, and that was it. It was delicious. And I am sure that the cow it came from had a happy life. Plus, I ate it as part of a religious tradition. So I think God is A-okay with that.

(Seriously, though... For someone who doesn't really eat meat herself, and almost NEVER cooks red meat... Frogger did a kick ass job rocking her Grammy's recipe.)

Comments

Frogger said…
So glad you liked it! Grammy is happy about it, too. God doesn't mind - I talked to him, he totally approves.
Dan said…
That looks delicious. A nice glass of Malbec would make it a meal.
Me said…
We were served a nice Lebanese wine to go with it.
Vanessa said…
ICK! You should put a warning before posting a picture like that! Glad the prepared dish was good but ewwwwww!
Me said…
LOL!

Sorry Vanessa! If you're not used to seeing big piles of rare and medium rare meat (like I am - I worked two years at an Outback Steakhouse in university), you may be put off by it.

Sorry!
Meg said…
According to my grandmother, who is pretty knowledgible about the Cathlic faith, Lent offically stops on Holy Thursday. Something about when the trinity of holy days starts, it marks the offical end to Lent? Not positive of the exact explanation but it kind of makes sense to me and works for me since I have up wine for Lent and drank a bottle on Saturday night! So technically, I don't think you broke your "Lenten Sacrifice"! Although it was for a good reason.
Me said…
Aww! Thanks Meg!

Popular Posts