Healthy Dish For The Weak: Banana Walnut Muffins.

I had some bananas lying around that were nice and spotty. And once that happens, I always like to make banana bread or muffins with them.



But today I decided that I would try a healthier approach to the baking of them. Instead of butter, flour and sugar, I went with white spelt flour, turbinado sugar and canola oil.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups white spelt flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup turbinado sugar
  • 3 beaten eggs
  • 2/3 cup of canola oil
  • 3 ripe bananas, cut into small chunks
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Mix the dry ingredients (baking soda, flour, salt) together. Mix oil, sugar, eggs and bananas together. Combine the two sets into one bowl, and stir in the walnuts. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

I am enjoying one large muffin with my soy latte as I write this.



YUMMY!

Comments

amandadawn said…
Looks yummy! You know you can also sub out the oil for applesauce, right? =)
Me said…
Oh yes! But canola oil, depending on your blood type, isn't bad for you.
Woody said…
Those look really good. I know nothing of Turbinado sugar but after reading it looks like a healthier choice over refined white sugar. I am going to look for it next time I am out.

Popular Posts