It's Gotta Be The Bikram...

After injuring my calf muscle last week, and having the walk-in clinic doctor insist I walk only with crutches... I finally had my follow-up with one of Boston's best orthopedists. But he was baffled...

See, I explained to him that for the first two days, I couldn't walk. And that my ankle and foot were swollen. (I even showed him pictures of it.) But that now it was perfectly fine. And that I had seen my trainer three times and been to Bikram once since.

"You should still be in pain," he said. "But, I'm not going to argue with it. You likely pulled a very small tendon. As to why it seems to have healed itself, I do not know."

He encouraged me to "keep doing the yoga." And I have to agree with his advice. Bikram yoga is healing. I think my body may have healed itself because of it.

Comments

Popular Posts