Bubble Wrap, Anyone?

I've done a number of moves in my lifetime. I grew up an Army brat and moved quite a few times before the age of 10. Then, in university, I moved a few times...

Dorm to apartment to apartment to dorm to dorm to dorm to dorm to apartment to apartment to apartment.

Next I moved to NYC about nine years ago, and I only moved three times there. Then I moved to Boston, and moved twice here. Now, though, I making another HUGE move (Toronto)... And I am going through the apartment and purging the joint of stuff I do not want to come with us.

We've gone through our books and clothes, and gotten rid of stuff. Now I need to throw out all the VHS tapes I have. And I did the bathroom shelves, kitchen shelves and refrigerator today. Needless to say, there are a ton of garage bags going out on tonight's trash pile. Including an entire bag of this stuff...



Yes, it's bubble wrap.

See, since I have moved so many times in my life, I know how freaking expensive boxes and bubble wrap are to buy. About a year ago, The Husband and I finally got rid of all the boxes. But I still had all the bubble wrap. And since The Husband has forbidden me from sitting around and popping the bubbles on them (which I love to do), I am just going to throw them out.

But don't worry, people... This being the South End, someone is sure to come by, dig through our garbage pile, and find the bag of bubble wrap.

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
I took stuff like that to a local UPS store. They were really happy to get it, and gave me some boxes in return.
Me said…
I don't need boxes either, though. The moving company has to pack every single thing. And they have to supply all materials. I think I may have found someone to unload the bubble wrap on though. Thanks for the tip!
US ARMY? I thought you were brittish?
Me said…
LOL! No, not British. My Husband is Canadian, I grew up around British people (living abroad), worked with British people as an adult, and read lots of British literature and novels.

So I sometimes spell words using the "Queen's English."

Trash can = bin
Mom = Mum
Analyze = analyse
color = colour
center = centre
Nice! BTW, the photos of your trip were beautiful:)
Me said…
Aw! Thanks Tiffany! I haven't even posted most of them.

Popular Posts