3-1-1 Limits: My Carry-On Essentials.

With my brother and sister-in-law here this weekend, it kicked some sense into me and made me realize that in a week and a half I will be leaving for Europe... FOR JUST OVER A WEEK. That means I have got to make sure that I have everything I absolutely need for those eight days, in terms of liquid toiletries.

I am not a person who needs to take a great number of things with me when I travel. I mean, I wear mineral make-up, so that doesn't have to be put into a special bag. I use crystal deodorant, which isn't a liquid... So "ditto." Also, my sunblock is in my mineral powder, which means I don't have to worry about specialized packing for that either.

So when I go to pack my 3-1-1 baggie with my toiletries (because I am NOT checking a bag), this is what I need to go in it...


  • Rosewater toner
  • Soy face cleanser
  • Soy face cream
  • Toothpaste
  • Two containers of conditioner (I don't bring shampoo - I just use what they have in the hotel.)
  • Hair tonic with tea tree oil
  • Spray-in hair conditioner (I need lots of conditioner for my hair. It's a frizzy, wavy mess otherwise.)
  • Two kinds of scented body lotion
  • Contact solution
  • Hair serum (To give my curls some definition.)
But can I get it all into my baggie???



Yes, yes I can. But barely.

Comments

Vanessa said…
The TSA rules force all of us to be creative and think about what we really need to take. I still go with "pack light" and I can always buy what I need when I get there if I've forgotten something.
Bex said…
a coworker told me the other day that you can bring as much contact solution OUTSIDE your baggie that you want...worth checking out so you can fit something else in your baggie besides the solution!
Me said…
SHUT-UP! Bex! If that is true, that is wonderful info to have! I will make Frogger investigate it... As this is totally something that would be up her alley to write about.

Thanks!
I am still AMAZED that you are able to carry on your bags. You are my travel hero!

xoxo

Popular Posts