Channeling Blair Waldorf.

I was out bopping around Newbury Street yesterday afternoon when I tucked into Anthropologie (nearby) to peak at some Summer dresses. I didn't see any dresses that really caught my eye, but I did see something that I liked...

"Blair Waldorf" headbands!







So cute! And I have seen similar ones in J. Crew for a few months now. I was so struck by them that I tried on every single one. And they all looked cute on me. (I look good with hair accessories.) But...

They're far too fancy for my everyday style. If I bought them, I would have to rethink my wardrobe. I would need to start wearing cute mini dresses and skirts with cherry red, white, blue or magenta tights underneath. And I would need to restock my ballet flats. And then I would have to start hot-rolling my hair every morning, rather than wear it naturally wavy.

It would just require me to be far too high maintenance. And I like to roll out of bed, quickly shower, throw on jeans and a flowy blouse and my flats. A dusting of mineral foundation and some Nars "Orgasm"... And I am out the door.

But if I was still working in PR or at an agency doing marketing, I would totally rock the "Blair Waldorf" headband look.

Comments

i totally rock those headbands all the time.

and i do work in marketing :)
Vanessa said…
I wouldn't wear headbands like those, but they have been helping with growing out my hair. I'm still trying and taking my prenatal vitamins hoping to make it grow faster.

Popular Posts