Healthy Dish For The Weak: Veggie Tacos.

I do eat meat now. But not like I was prior to Lent. I usually eat it early in the day, for lunch or breakfast, then switch to veggies for dinner. In fact, I like to be vegan after 5pm... If I can handle it.

Tonight's dinner: Veggie Tacos w/Avocado



This dinner took me 25 minutes, and that includes the 20 it took me to "Shake-n-Bake" The Husband a chicken breast in the oven. For the tacos, I sauteed up a handful of chopped carrots, one small zucchini, small onion and two cloves of garlic. I heated the tortillas over the open flame of our gas stove burner, to give them a "charred" look. And then, instead of cheese, I topped my tacos with avocado slices.

Yummy and healthy!

Comments

I love it! I make this all the time without the meat. Beans are a good alternative. Hope you stayed cool today!

xoxo
ym
Caitlin said…
YUM. Thanks for the idea, I'm gonna make some tonight!
Me said…
You're welcome!!!
Dish This! said…
Wow these look amazing, I want them right now!! Love avocado..
Me said…
Thanks, Dish!

I LOVE replacing cheese with avocado lately. It really is a natural replacement.
Dish This! said…
such a good call. sometimes on sandwiches you can skip condiments too and do avocado instead- like no mayo.

Popular Posts