Channeling My Inner Stepford Housewife.

So far today, I have made healthy muffins, veggie enchiladas (for dinner tonight), swept, washed and pressed sheets, dusted and vacuumed. And before I did any of this, I showered, got dressed with make-up and semi-fixed my hair.

It made me feel somewhat like a Stepford Housewife...



Only I'm not wearing a pretty Spring dress and white sandals. My make-up is also not that heavy.

I joked with Frogger and Bail this weekend with a, "Wouldn't it be fun to see if I could live the life of a Stepford Housewife for like a week?"

"You know... Wake up. Get dressed - wearing a dress, heels, make-up and beautifully coiffed hair. Make breakfast for The Husband. Clean my house wearing an apron. Make dinner."
They both laughed.

"You couldn't make it a day without laughing it off and giving up!" proclaimed Frogger.

And she is probably right. I probably couldn't do it and take it all seriously.

Comments

Lol...This photo reminds me of my spring-time bridal shower. It was absolutely Stepford-y and I loved it.

But, I digress. I find that if I get up early on the weekend, get myself dressed (white heels not required) and made presentable, I'm much more efficient at housework and not tempted to lounge around. That said, I'd be bored to tears if it was an everyday routine.

Popular Posts