Now I Have ONE Cankle!

I know, I've been absent the past few days. But I have a reason!

Most of Sunday was spent getting from Key West back to Fort Myers via the ferry boat in a very bumpy ocean. (Not fun!) I flew back to Boston from Fort Myers yesterday morning. And while unpacking in my apartment yesterday afternoon, something happened.

I was simply WALKING from one room to the other when I felt a "snap" in my right calf... And then some pain. I knew what had happened... I had pulled or torn my calf muscle.

I immediately wrapped, iced and elevated it. I could still walk on it...But I was moving very slow. And I couldn't move to fast, otherwise I would feel a pain in my muscle... Similar to a very deep stretch. This morning, after waking up, I went to the walk-in clinic at Mass General, and they gave me these...



I have to use my calf muscle as little as possible while it heals. The healing process will take a few weeks, at least. I'm not in any pain. And I can walk on it without the crutches without pain. And the muscle itself is not swollen... But my foot is...



Not pretty.

And now, I find my one of my legs to have taken on a "cankle" look.



No yoga, running or fast walking for a few weeks. I can, however, still train with the trainer. I can do abs, some lunges, squats and anything with my arms. I will just have to take it slow and light for now though.

On the bright though... Now that I have crutches, I will totally be taking them with me to Europe next month. I am thinking that if I walk up to the check-in counter with them, and ask for a seat change with "more room" that I may be able to get an upgrade to business class.

Woohoo!

Comments

Now you're handicapped AND a Reverend -- you better get upgraded!!
That Girl! said…
I hope you get better soon! Crutches suck! Do pistol squats on your one leg with your trainer. I did a bunch yesterday and I can barely move.

PS...You're a Reverend? More about this please ;)
Me said…
Kate! That's right! I AM a Reverend!

JT, I had myself "certified" as a minister before a trip to Rome last year. I meant to use it as a way of coercing the counter agent into giving me an upgrade on the flight. It didn't work... But I bet the crutches will!
I am so sorry for you ankle but am laughing a bit because when I say about your injury the first think that came to mind it that the swelling would give you a cankle!

haha I hope you recover soon!
Vanessa said…
I'm sorry to hear about your injury and am glad you are not in too much pain. I'll keep you posted on the airline/crutches/carry on event. I never thought about using the crutches to get an upgrade, but you better believe I'll try now.
Cornelius said…
I think you need to call CSI Boston, those look like they belong to a corpse that was pulled out of the Charles River 1 year ago.
Me said…
LOL! The crutches or the legs?

Yes, I am quite pale... I don't believe in laying out in the Sun for vanity reasons.
Cornelius said…
maybe you should use some bronzer...so people don't put a tag on your toe and take you away! Bad circulation?? Eat less salt and fatty foods Missus!
Me said…
LOL!

I actually don't eat salty foods or fatty foods.

Soy, veggies, coffee, Greek yogurt... The most "fatty" thing I eat is cheese. And I don't eat a lot of it.

And as for bronzer? No thanks. I think there is beauty in all skin colors. Not everyone needs to have "bronze" skin to be beautiful.

If you actually knew me, you would know alabaster-porcelain skin is quite beautiful and striking.

I have really good circulation too. I am pale all over. No tan lines.
Cornelius said…
"One of the most common beliefs is that ghosts who are here on Earth are usually people who died suddenly and unexpectedly...they either do not realize that they have died, or simply do not understand yet that they are dead. This may lead to the spirit wandering desperately seeking to make contact with people"

Now I know the reasons you have a blog...
Me said…
LOL!

Yep! You guessed it, Dear Corny. And thank you so much for reading my blog! And for coming back over and over again to re-read the comments that you posted... Thus fulfilling your own narcissistic need to see your thoughts in a public forum of sorts.

Perhaps you should start your own blog, since you seem to enjoy writing?
Teacher said…
Well I have to agree with your last post missus. Corny must love reading his own posts. But although they are blunt, they have no grammatical errors or mis-spellings. Yours are covered with them. Did your blog come with spell check?
Me said…
Yes, "Teacher"... I do have grammar errors all ovah dah place!

I am, and have not ever claimed to be, a grammar aficionado. I have friends who can claim that, and they are quite pristine with the grammar talent.

I, however, have a knack for content. I write it, people enjoy reading it. When I write my book, the grammar and editing is for the editor to do... Not me.

Popular Posts