Kikkerland Placemats.

About a year ago I was downstairs at what used to be Motley Home. It was a cute little store, much better than that Vessel that moved into the space. When the store (Motley Home) was getting ready to close down for good, I was able to pick up some adorable felt cut-out placemats. Rather than use them on my table, though, I put them on my desk...



They are by a vendor called Kikkerland. And the particular placemat I got was called "Fishes"... Because of all the little fishes cut into it.



A reader recently asked me about these placemats, after she saw them in a picture I took of my desk. I love them so much. I couldn't find a blotter big enough to fit on my desk, so these worked out perfectly. Only...

When we move to Toronto, and buy a house, I will likely have a much bigger office. And I will likely put a second desk in it, and have the two desks sit "back-to-back," creating one large square-ish table. So I knew I would need to find more of these placemats to cover the second desk.

They were easy enough to find online though. And I just sent out an order for six more. They were only $6 a piece... Which is pretty good for nice placemats. I just think they add a soft sophistication to the top of the desk.

Comments

H!L said…
yooo they TOTALLY have these at grand in union square, and for $4.50 a pop. i was there today browsing and thought of you because they were prominently displayed in all their felty glory :)
Me said…
DAMN!

Well, I already ordered them... And it would be a bitch to cancel. Lesson learned: Shop Locally... You can usually find what you want and need.

Popular Posts