Dyson Ball DC25: Most Amazong Suction Ever!

"WHY won't this open?" asked The Husband.

He was grunting and struggling. He was in another room, but I could hear him from my front home office. He walked into it, moments later, carrying the detachable canister from our Dirt Devil upright vacuum cleaner.

"This won't open," he wailed. "I want to vacuum, but I am getting no suction. It needs to be emptied, and it won't open!"

I just looked at him with humor projecting from my face.

"This is why,"
I began, "we need to but a new vacuum cleaner. Just like I have been telling you for months!"

And I had been telling him for months that we needed to replace the cheap and lousy vacuum cleaner we had bought over two years ago. It didn't get all the dirt up. It was difficult to clean - and messy. It didn't work well on bare floors. And when you used it, it would leave an odor of burnt rubber in the air. (We don't know why it did this.)

The Husband is frugal (in a good way), and doesn't like to replace things too soon. He'll use something (jeans, tee shirts, gym bags, electric razors, jackets, vacuum cleaners, George Foreman grills that smoke when you plug them in) till it has completely fallen apart. He had now hit his "frustration max" with the vacuum cleaner... And he agreed to let me get a new one.

So I did. The very next day, after he left for a vacation with his parents in Florida.

I walked all the way to Best Buy and picked up the Dyson Ball DC25.



Have you seen the commercials for this thing? They make you go, "Holy shit! I want that!"

Additionally, I knew of at least four other people who had purchased this Dyson model. All were enthusiastically in favor of the thing...
  • "The technology behind it is cool!"
  • "It goes in any/every direction!"
  • "It's easy to use!"
  • "It sucks up EVERYTHING! It's orgasmic!"
When I got it home and snapped it together, I had the intention of only doing our living room carpet. But the thing is so amazing that I ended up vacuuming every piece of floor (carpeted or hard wood) in the house.

I loved vacuuming!

Now, this love does not come cheap. This Dyson model sets you back just over $500. I could have gotten the Jimmy Choo Hunter Rain Boots AND a new pair of Lululemon Yoga Pants. But we needed proper suction more than we needed designer rain boots and ass-enhancing yoga pants.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I have the Dyson Animal and absolutely adore it. It has the most amazing suction ever, but I'm sort like a 1950's housewife... in love with her appliances.
I have the animal too. We got it two years ago and I have loved vacuuming ever since. I would way rather have this than a new pair of shoes.

Cleanleness is next to godleness right?

xoxo
Anonymous said…
Dyson's are the best! I'd never, never, ever, buy another brand again.
Anonymous said…
We bought the Dyson Animal and after two or three vacuums my nose no longer drips constantly. I thought my allergy was pollen but now I believe it was caused by my beloved dogs hair in the rug. The Animal machine is terrific!!
Me said…
If I had animals, I would totally buy that one! It sounds like it is AMAZING!
Anonymous said…
After hurting my back using my old vacuum, my husband bought me a Dyson Animal for Christmas. Normally I would find such a gift insulting. But my sweetie knew the pain I was in, plus HE wanted something easy to use. I was overjoyed and YES, it takes vacuuming off the "awful chores" list. I have a dog who sheds constantly and two long-haired cats, and it picks all of it up effortlessly. Yay, Dyson!

Popular Posts