Passport Adventures: Canadian Visa!

Hooray!

After surrendering it at the beginning of the month to a lawyer in Toronto, I FINALLY have my passport back... Complete with my Canadian Visa in it.



Yay!

This is just a temporary one. Once I pass through Immigration in Toronto in May, I then have to give them all this paperwork - which I have to sign in front of them - and put in for my permanent Visa.

I thought immigrating to Canada would be easier. Like, I just fill out a form... Show that having my husband and me in the country would be financially beneficial to Canada (his job is moving there, and I plan to shop in Canada - 'cept for jeans)... And then I would get like a big smiley sticker or something in my passport to show I was "in like sin" with our neighbors to the north.

I was wrong. I had to fill out an ass-load of paperwork. Then get poked and prodded by a creepy doctor in Brookline. Then more paperwork. A surrendering of the passport. And all of this took about seven months to do.

And, a sigh of relief is breathed by me.

"Whew!"

Comments

Frogger said…
And you get to break in this bad boy in two weeks when we head to the airport for EUROPE!!
The Mommy said…
Just wait until you don't have to pay for health care. All that paperwork will be worth it. ;)
Vanessa said…
Congrats on getting that ultra important piece of traveling equipment!
Natalie said…
Congratulations on obtaining your Canadian visa! Many people are in process for 3-6 years, so your 7 month long wait wasn't too bad at all! You must be so excited!

You may be interested in the online Canadian Immigration and Settlement Community LoonLounge (www.loonlounge.com). I know for certian that the members (over 20,000 internationally)would be interested to hear your success story. Would you be interested in sharing you accomplishment with them? Feel free to browse the site www.loonlounge.com, or contact me, the Marketing and Communication Manager for the site, directly for more information.

Thank you and all the best in your future Canadian life!

natalie
natalie@loonlounge.com
Anonymous said…
Question.

Do they stamp your one visit visa ones you go trough immigration or just scratch it off and make a circle over the "one"?

Thanks!
Me said…
They issued me my permanent residency card for Canada when I moved here. So this one visa was just for immigrating. A month after I had it stamped and scratched out by immigration, my permanent residency card arrived. So I just flash that for immigration when I come back into Canada.

Popular Posts