Espresso Hair, Again!

Ahh!!!



I now have hair that is all the same color!



Hallelujah!

I got them all colored at Umi, a salon on Newbury Street. I've been going there for a couple of years now... And they don't eff up my hair when I go there. It's not that my hair is difficult to cut and color... Because it's not. But at at three other salons on Newbury Street, over the past six years, have effed up my locks. (I won't say which salons they are, because I have friends who go to them... And they all have enjoyed their experiences there. So it could just be me. And I am fully willing to admit that.)

After I had it colored and cut (which took over two hours - I have a lot of hair!), I went directly to CVS down the street and picked up that new sulfate-free "color care system" from L'Oreal.



I won't be washing my hair for a few days... But when I do, I will be using this stuff. I want to see if it helps me keep my color longer than using other "color care" shampoos and conditioners.

I only "wash" my hair twice a week, because it is so thick. I "rinse" and condition it almost every day - especially if I went to Bikram... But I only suds up the scalp twice a week. When you have thick and naturally wavy hair (like me!), you don't have to shampoo it every day. But despite only washing twice a week, I always notice my color is fading - and the gray is infiltrating - about three weeks after I get it colored.

So, I am hoping this new product will live up to its promise, and actually deliver. Expect a review in a few weeks on it.

Comments

Hallelujah... at last I found someone who has hair like mine... Salon people charge me extra to tame this mane of mine.

But my problem is I so want to color my hair - people who have cut my hair absolutely forbid me to do that as they say my hair color is beautiful (it is completely black with a hint of brown) & I don't have any gray hairs to speak of too. Dilemma!!

But love your hair color **sigh**
Me said…
LOL! If I didn't have gray hairs, I so wouldn't color my hair. It gets to be a pain... Especially if you highlight it.

If you could color it though, what color would you want?
Espresso/ burgundy!!! Any day I would choose these colors... I know these are the only colors that would suit me :-D

BTW even I wash my hair only twice a week! I know... eeeeek!!
Me said…
You should look into trying out Henna. It is an herbal dye... And you could go burgundy with it, safely.
Ha! tried Henna and everything the color just doesn't stick on to my hair - now beat that :-)

But I will not give up so easily!! Thanks for the suggestion!
Me said…
How about this, then...

Dye two streaks of blue or purple into our hair, on either side of your face. It's safe to start with just a little streak.
Anonymous said…
Love it! I've been thinking of going more espresso, but I would love to also do hilights. I have light brown with blonde naturally, but I think the darker goes better with my pale skin. Sigh...
Anonymous said…
I love, love, love the sulfate-free shampoo/conditioners! They smell amazing and work just as well as the super expensive lines! You can completely tell the difference!

PS Your hair looks great!
Finn22 said…
Thanks for posting, I love your hair color! I am not very trusting of salons, not matter how high end they are, because I have also had top salons mess up my hair.

I am in Boston for business and will be here for 6 months. Can you tell me the name of the colorist at Umi who did your hair color?

Thanks so much!!
Me said…
Hi Finn... Her name was Jennifer. She has long hair. Can't recall her last name.

Popular Posts