Break-Up Places: Please Don't Listen To Boston.com.

I once had a boyfriend break up with me at a restaurant. He thought I wouldn't make a scene. And I didn't. But he chose to break up with me at the restaurant where both he and I worked. And when I got up and left before we even had dinner, our co-workers were curious as to what had happened that made me leave. He told them. And he was in the "shit-house" with pretty much everyone we worked with, including the general manager.

Let's just say, he "karma-ed" himself into some pretty shitty table stations for about a month. And I was given some really kick-ass ones.

In my opinion, there are things you just do not do in a very public place:
  • Break-up with someone.
  • Propose to someone.
  • Tell someone they are fat.
  • Tell someone you are pregnant.
  • Tell someone that someone has died.
That's all I could think of for now... I am sure there are more. But the first one, the break-up, is the one we are addressing right now. And it looks like Boston.com has attempted to give their opinion on the best public places in town to break-up with someone. And all I have to say, people, is...

"Please don't listen to them. It is NEVER okay to break up with someone at Dunkin' Donuts. At least upgrade to Starbucks... Or an independent coffee house/cafe."

Comments

thedancingj said…
Oh man... I remember when I waited tables at Houston's... we always got so much entertainment out of awkward/fighting/breaking-up couples. What else are we gonna talk about when we're back at waitstation? And we were aaaallll about Communication (one of the 3 C's of Houston's!) which means that it wouldn't be ONE server mocking your agony, it would be all 12 of us shooting peeks at the drama going down on table 54. Good times.

I did a have a couple get engaged once and I thought that was cute. Tip: if you are in a restaurant on a date and you say you just got engaged, you are pretty much guaranteed free champagne!!
H!L said…
UGH. SO GROSS. as someone who got had a break up happen literally steps from the school street office entrance i can say from experience that public break ups? not ok. especially in downtown crossing in the cold in front of borders and potentially in front of passing coworkers. ugh. fail, boston.com. feature fail.

[oh, ps, this is hil by the way :) i'm finally blogging. i'm silly.]

Popular Posts