Recession Chic: Creative Work Attire.

Amanda Dawn is a true creative type. Mom, graphic designer and professional photographer... The lady is mad busy! And she write me last week requesting some help for an upcoming event she has to shoot...

In the beginning of May, I have a fashion show I will be attending for a client. (http://www.ovationsforthecure.org/events/events_up_cmv09.php). I will be working (photographing) the show, but I have no clue what I should wear. A dress or skirt is out, and if I do heels, they will likely need to be kitten. Oh, and as you know, I am on a shoestring budget. I'd like to wear something with color, royal blue or a red or something like that. What would you suggest?

Now, this may sound like I am beating a "dead horse"... But, I still think the chicest outfit for us creative types is: Blazer, Blouse, Jeans, Funky Jewelry and Heels.

And because the event is at the Liberty Hotel in Boston, I think this outfit is even more appropriate! (I was just at the Liberty Hotel in February for an event myself... And the space is SWANKY! I wore this same type of outfit to my event too.)

Also, since the event is a charity one, I did some research on the designated "color" for ovarian cancer... And it's TEAL. So it would be really cool to bring the color into the outfit either through jewelry or through the blouse. Red and royal blue are fantastic... But I think since it is a charity event, wearing the charity color would be a great sign of solidarity.

So, here is a montage of what I think would be fantastic for a photographer to wear to this event:



The blouses and the blazer can be found at Old Navy. The white one is $20. The tropic blue one is $15. The black blazer is $39.50. Each of these items are "basics" for a professional wardrobe and can easily be worn again and again. The jewelry is basic and can easily be found at H&M. They have the earrings there, and they're less than $5.

With jeans, they absolutely can be worn in a professional environment. When I worked at The Evil Empire a few years back, EVERYONE wore jeans. They were very stylish when paired with a great top and shoes. Photographers wore them everyday, no matter where they were.

As an added bonus, I think the "teal" colors would really bring out Amanda Dawn's eyes... As she has soft blue/green eyes. And the sleeves of the blazer would be "ruched" up, giving it a funky but chic look.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
where is the necklace towards the bottom from??
Me said…
It's from Asiajam... http://www.asiajam.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3858#
Anonymous said…
I love! I don't know why I didn't think to go teal, you are right, it would be great! Thank you so much!
Me said…
I REALLY think teal would accent your eye color too!
Anonymous said…
Everyday I am seeing more and more Chic clothing, I really love this style - all I have to do now is persuade my girlfriend!

Popular Posts