Healthy Dish For The Weak: Sherried Mushroom & Potatoes.

I am well into week five of my vegetarianism, and doing quite well... Thank-you-very-much! And with The Husband away, visiting his parents in Florida, this means I don't have to really consider what he wants for dinner.

Now, some of you may be wondering what kind of vegetarian I am... "Do you eat fish?" "Do you eat shellfish?" "What about eggs?" "Are you completely vegan?"

Here's how it breaks down, for me:
  • I don't eat mammals. (Anything that has lungs.)
  • I don't eat anything with feet. (So shellfish are out.)
  • I do eat fish, but only certain kinds: Cod, Snapper, Tuna, MahiMahi, Certified Chilean Sea Bass
  • I do eat eggs.
Today, though, I didn't have any fish or eggs for dinner. (Though I did consider making a "Spring Quiche" with asparagus and leeks.) Instead, I decided to use up some of the veggies I had lying around...



Mushrooms, potatoes and onions!

First, I sauteed (in some olive oil) quarter-inch sliced baby Yukon golds. When those were cooked and golden on both sides, I took them out and added chopped white mushrooms and a quarter of a (large) white onion into the pan with some more olive oil. When those were nice and soft, I poured in some really dry sherry and let that cook off for a few more minutes.

Everything got tossed together in a big bowl, and dished out. I have left-overs for lunch tomorrow. Healthy and vegetarian. Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts