Stephi's On Tremont: Incredible!

Oh man! I wish I had brought my camera with me to dinner tonight, because it was one of the finest meals I had had in quite a while.

The Husband and I tried out the newly opened Stephi's On Tremont tonight... And while we are not fans of the dinner dining at Stephanie's On Newbury Street (only the brunch), we absolutely adored Stephi's.

AAAAAA-Dored!

I must confess... I find Stephanie's On Newbury to be quite tacky. During brunch, it's quite nice and fun... It's mostly families or couples. But the dining hour is a horrendous scene. I've seen many a great bag there (Balenciaga, Chanel, Botkier...) But the behavior of the people when you hit the joint after 8pm at night... It can be arrogant, bitchy, and just such a drag...

But Stephi's atmosphere was wonderful! It definitely had a feel of a serious foodie spot. The decor is dusky and comfy, and the lighting is far, far more romantic.The, of course, there's the menu.

It's pretty much the same menu as the Newbury Street location... But it just tastes better. Additionally, it's priced slightly cheaper too. By like a buck or two.

I think this is a situation where the atmosphere really does make the food taste better!

I started with a cocktail (the "5-0") of rum, vodka, lime juice and coconut... Which was perfectly light and well-blended. Then I had a basic green salad with shaved Parmesan and a lemon vinaigrette. Then dinner was a New England cod - which had a strong, rich sherry flavor in the corn chowder it was over... It was fantastic, despite me not realizing it had bacon in the chowder... And I had to pick all of it out.

Everything was so beautiful, I really wished I had my camera to snap some photos!

We were too full to have dessert, but we agreed that we may go back for cocktails and dessert one night - after a light dinner. They had sticky toffee pudding on the menu... MY FAVE!

Comments

That Girl! said…
Thank you for the review! I'm gonna have to talk E into trying it one of these days! I'm excited that there will be another place with outdoor seating in the South End. The summer isn't the same without it :)

Popular Posts