McQueen For Target.

The first thing I did when I got up today (rather than go to Bikram - I'll hit the 4:30pm class) was get online and peruse the new McQueen collection available at Target.

I love my McQueen... I think that is known. I have a special love for the skull scarves. And overall, the Target collection is very good. Here are my favorite pieces from the collection:

Cropped Blazer - $49.99




Mesh Cardigan - $44.99




TRS Short - $29.99




Zig Zag Dress - $69.99




Harness Dress - $44.99




I have my eye on the cropped blazer and the shorts....

Comments

That Girl! said…
Funny, I had the exact opposite opinion. I didn't love the collection at all. The colors and prints are kinda blah. Nothing felt very "McQueen" about it. Nothing felt like him...he's got this way of making everything a little bit gritty and edgey but in a really charming, playful way. His use of print and color for classic shape or his ability to subvert classic shapes is usually fantastic. I was really disappointed in what I saw on-line. But I haven't like any of the Target collaborations since the Alice Temperley stuff so maybe it's just me :P
Me said…
I actually agree with you on the printed pieces. I didn't like the prints. The Zig Zag dress I liked because of the shape, not the print. And the rest of the items are classic shapes that will be evergreen in terms of style.
Anonymous said…
Love the harness dress and the cropped jacket is a great find at that price point.

I totally agree - the prints suck majorly. The tattoo print borders on TACKY! Wonder why he would go that route...
Me said…
Yes! The Harness Dress is very cute. And I was really hoping the scarves he made would be more fun... But yes, the print on them is pretty bad.
I'm pretty bummed by the collection. I wonder where the McQueen feel is? I don't see why at a lower price point they couldn't have kept that "feel." I think you are better off going to H&M this time for those type of pieces. Like Jean Therapy I've been very underwhelmed since the Temperley collection. Hopefully in this economy more designers will go this route and try to stay true to what makes them work.

You think Marc Jacobs would ever do a line? I die at just the thought.

xoxo

Popular Posts