Crystal Therapy: Gemstones To Heal.

Over the past few years, I began paying attention to jewelry that actually had a purpose beyond fashion. It's not enough for the pieces to merely make a statement or enhance my outfits. Now, I expect my jewelry to help heal me.

Many people, as do I, believe that wearing certain gemstones and crystals helps manifest and heal certain afflictions... From the serious to the mundane. I myself came to believe in this idea after visiting the Golden Door Spa in Carefree, Arizona for my 30th b-day trip two years ago.

At the spa, one of the treatments I had was a "Chakra Balancing." This required me to lie on a table, while a spiritual healer worked over me. She was a Reiki Master, and she was very kind. She used different crystals and gemstones as she cleared out each chakra. As I laid down with my eyes closed, she placed a corresponding-colored gemstone to each chakra in my hand... And then she shook various instruments (which sounded like "rain") and played various drums, all to help move the energy around within and out of me.

I walked away from the treatment, after 90 minutes, feeling very relaxed. And after that, I began studying crystals and gemstones with regards to healing properties. There are a number of books out there on the subject, my favorite is Angel Medicine by Doreen Virtue.

In Angel Medicine, she has pages at the back dedicated to listing out the ailments each crystal and gemstone can help heal. Here is a small list:
  • Turquoise: Blood Pressure, Infections, Stress, Throat
  • Smoky Quartz: Anxiety, Fatigue
  • Rose Quartz: Broken Heart, Calming Feelings
  • Moonstone: Decreasing Appetite, Child Birth, Menstruation Issues, Menopause Issues, Performance Anxiety, Fallopian Tubes, Pregnancy, Shock
  • Coral: Child Conception
  • Jade: Spleen, Money Issues, Legs, Kidneys, Creating Abundance
  • Garnet: Child Conception, Dealing with Change, Gallbladder, Infertility
Here is my collection of crystals and gemstones...



I have some smoky quarts, turquoise, garnets, coral, rose quartz and a moonstone. I'd like to add some jade to my collection as well, just to have a well-rounded collection.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I too choose my jewelry according to what properties I want to attract for the day. A book that has been a great reference to me is "Love is in the Earth" by Melody. It has the stones organized according not only to properties, but zodiac sign and chakra. I have referred to it endless times and even been lucky enough to meet Melody in person. An absolutely lovely lady who is a wealth of knowledge.

Popular Posts