I Don't Think We Can Call It "Whole Paycheck."

Today was like most days lately... It was freaking cold. Too cold for me to walk all the way to Whole Foods by the Symphony to pick up the essentials for dinner tonight. So I went to Shaws instead.

Enchilada sauce... Corn tortillas... Green olives... And, for The Husband, cereal bars. Off to the "Healthy Foods" aisle I went.

The Husband isn't particular about what cereal bars he snacks on after dinner. So I tend to buy the healthy ones when I am at Whole Foods. They are $1.69 a box. And since everyone knows that Whole Foods is more expensive than the regular grocery store, I figured I would be able to find something cheaper than what I get there.

I was wrong.

In the "Healthy Foods" section, the cheapest box they had cost $3.99 a box. So I went to the "non-healthy" section of the store to get some cereal bars... And the cheapest I found them there was $3 a box.

This reminded me about a conversation I had with someone recently... Whole Foods can be pricey if you are busy buying all the prepared foods they offer. And the meat is nice and organic... And is pricey too. But everything else is comparable, if not cheaper, than what you would find at a regular grocery store.

Now that we are "leaping forward" an hour this weekend, and because it will be warmer, I think I will just walk to Whole Foods to shop each day... Rather than settle for Shaws. I want the better food and I want it cheaper.

Comments

Angie said…
How about Trader Joes? Their stuff is super cheap and very fresh/organic. I swear by it.
I always get annoyed by the comments about how overpriced Whole Foods is. I think it is VERY reasonable and their food is always of a much better quality than the other stores. I'm so glad that someone else agrees!

xoxo
Anonymous said…
if you get their 365 brand its very well priced! and really really good quality! i ocmpletely agree!

Popular Posts