An Afternoon On The Water.

Yesterday can't be called "life-changing" for me... Not quite. But it was an amazing day.

Because Frogger is working on an article here in Key West, we were both given VIP passes for activities on the island. When the PR company that gave them to her told us what they included, we didn't think we would use them. We didn't actually look at the passes, and we wanted to explore the island on our own.

However, we quickly learned that the island is not that big. And we learned that the VIP pass actually included some really fun stuff. And yesterday, we spent the entire afternoon and early evening out on the ocean, courtesy of the pass.

In the early afternoon, we hopped on a boat and went out to go view dolphins in the wild. Not only were we out there to view dolphins, we were out there to go snorkeling in shallow water over some sponge coral.

Way cool!

I had never snorkeled or seen dolphins in the wild before, and I was surprised by how relaxing it all was. We sat up on the front of the boat with our cameras, looking out for dolphins in deep water. We found five swimming together. We saw one of them shoot water out of his breathing hole... And we saw him flap his tail on the water. They played for a while for us...



After that, we then went and snorkeled...



I never thought I would ever go snorkeling in my life. I don't swim often, but actually do know how. I don't like getting water in my ears, so I have never been a fan of it. But once I was in the water with my fins on, I found it very easy and relaxing!

You just float on your belly and stick your face in the water!

I saw a lot of sea grass, baby fish and small blobby things in the water. At one point, Frogger swam over to me and pointed to a fish under the water that had some good color. It was the only one we saw that had some.

After the dolphin and snorkeling excursion, Frogger and I booked ourselves on an evening sunset cruise, courtesy of the VIP pass. This time, we were on a huge catamaran. And there were free cocktails...



And we got some amazing shots of the sunset...



Then, we noticed a storm off in the distance...



And we spotted some "rain funnels" in the clouds of the storm...



It was very cool.

The captain took the boat back to the dock, and we all got out.

The rain eventually rolled in, onto the island. And the amazing day continued But that's a story for later...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds fun! The glass-bottom boats are cool, too. Especially if you do the booze cruises. Of course, it was college spring break when I went, so who knows... My best friend's husband was stationed down there, so we had LOTS of fun.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the updates from your trip - I am heading there this Friday for a long weekend so will use anything you post to help guide my stay...have fun!
Dan said…
Great pictures from the sunset cruise. Hope you are enjoying some peace...

Popular Posts