Healthy Dish For The Weak: Very Veggie Burger Sandwich.

Now that I have time to, I like to make sure I eat healthy and yummy lunches. And one thing I have discovered since giving up meat for Lent is that it is easy to commit to it when you aren't rushed at lunchtime.

When I was working on Downtown, I would be starving at lunchtime. And as soon as I got outside and smelled food, especially meat, I would cave and get some. I had to quickly get back to the office, or run other errands during my lunch hour... And I knew a salad wouldn't fill me up or be satisfying. But now that I am at home, I can easily come up with a meat-free lunch option that isn't a salad...

Today's lunch: Very Veggie Burger Sandwich



Hmm... Look at the cross-section...



So many layers of veggies!

Ingredients:
  • Two slices toasted sprouted grain bread
  • One slice cheddar cheese
  • One veggie burger (cooked in the microwave)
  • Half a handful of shredded carrots
  • Half a handful of sprouts
  • Seven thinly sliced cucumber slices
  • Half an avocado, sliced

Comments

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm when can I come over! Looks delish! I can second what you are saying. I eat so much better and healthier since I have been a SAHM.

Unemployment has it benefits!!

xoxo
ym

Popular Posts