Boston.com: Repeating Content?

Is Boston.com lacking content so badly that it needs to re-feature links from long ago?

Please, observe...



I clicked on the link above, "No Cuervo for her Cinco de Mayo," thinking it was a recent commentary on the Mexican (but really, American) holiday that is tomorrow. I was wrong though.

See, the piece actually ran THREE YEARS AGO.

So, without any notation, Boston.com throws it up on the home page in a featured spot... Making one assume that it is new? Why? Are they so strung up for content that they are re-running pieces without telling us it is a "flashback" piece? I don't know about you, but I like my content fresh.

And if Boston.com needs content, I am sure there are plenty of people who would gladly write for free. Just hit up some local bloggers, and offer links back to their websites.

See, good and cheap content is easy to find.

Comments

Hmmmm could this be why they are going out of business? Way to call them out!

xoxo
ym

Popular Posts