Canadian Fashion Magazines.

My explorations of Toronto today took me up and down Yonge Street.

I had to go to a government office to get my Social Insurance Number (SIN), which then allowed me to stop off at the Royal Bank of Canada to open a checking account so I could take out money, which I then used at the massive Indigo bookstore across the street to pick up three Canadian fashion magazines...


I spent part of the afternoon (after I ate my lunch from Taco Bell - a daily $1.39 habit) at a Timothy's Coffee shop in the Manulife Centre, reading through the magazines. And here is my assessment of each...
  • Fashion - Pretty good. Solid content. Pictorials are vibrant.
  • Flare - Very excellent magazine. Probably my favorite of three. Very upbeat and, surprisingly - given it's juvenile name, sexy.
  • Elle Canada - I must confess myself "disappointed." Very boring. Doesn't read like the US or UK versions at all. Feels dull. It's missing the spark and fun.
I will definitely be subscribing to both Fashion and Flare once I have a more permanent place to live. I think I will only occasionally pick up Elle Canada.

Comments

Popular Posts