Stuff? Who Needs It?!?

I only left the apartment today to get coffee... Twice. Once in the morning. Once in the evening. I spend the entire gorgeous day inside cleaning and organizing all our stuff.

I have decided that I don't like "stuff."

Yes, I am serious. Moving really puts into perspective what you need in your life, as far as tangible objects go. Especially when you have to organize and prepare it for the move.

I have decided that I don't care for the following:
  • A collection of William Yeoward crystal vases.
  • 12 martini glasses (Which I have never used.)
  • Table linens
  • CDs and VHS movies.
  • A large collection of beauty products from Sephora (which I never use).
  • A shitload of cookbooks. (I own like 30.)
  • Books, in general. (I donated a ton of them... But somehow managed to still hold onto a smaller ton.)
Things haven't even been packed yet, and I have no desire to move after this, ever. The movers (who are packing everything) can't get here fast enough. They will be here Thursday morning.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Oh! Do you know about donate books? http://www.gotbooks.com/ - I used them when I moved. They will pick up all your books that you don't want, for free, and put them to charitable use. :) Getting rid of all that STUFF was definitely the highlight of moving!!
Meaghan said…
I am on the same page as you. Afer spending last summer cleaning out my father-in-law's house after he passed away, I have viewed "stuff" in a whole new way. It put things in perspective as to how little we really need in a daily basis after going through a lifetime of accumulated things.

Popular Posts