Home In Yorkville.

I'm here! Yay!!!!!

We arrived right on time this afternoon from Boston. And getting through immigration to get my Visa validated was super easy and quick. It only took us 30 minutes to get through the whole process after we landed. Everyone was so nice, and they kept telling me, "Welcome to Canada." They also gave me a bag filled with free information and all the appropriate paperwork to get my health insurance number.

They don't give you shit when you immigrate to the U.S. And they take their sweet ass time processing you too.

Here is a quick look at where I will be living for the next six weeks (at least)...



It's a one bedroom in an area of town known as Yorkville. It is completely furnished and has a washer/dryer in the unit. We also have housekeeping service that comes once a week. (Yay!)

Here is the view from our living room window...



We look right out onto Yorkville Avenue, which has all kinds of trendy shops, cafes and restaurants. There is a Taco Bell nearby, as well as many Starbucks and Second Cup cafes. The Whole Foods is five minutes from me. And we walked past the Bikram Yoga studio on Bloor Street, which is also five minutes from here.

I am so energized right now! I can't remember when I felt this excited about something.

Comments

thedancingj said…
You are living 5 minutes from a Whole Foods AND a Bikram Yoga studio?!? DAMN, that is a good start!!
Wow! I wish you a very good start in the new place Missus!!
Vanessa said…
Your energy and enthusiasm is contagious! You have a great view and all the essentials nearby. YAY for Canada!
Casey said…
You are also only a few minutes from St. Lawrence Market, one of the best markets in the world!

Popular Posts