Prom Queen Style: Pink And Slightly Punk.

While watching Gossip Girl tonight, it got me nostalgic for my high school prom. Well, truth be told... It got me thinking how I would love to be a teenage girl today with so much more fashion sense at my finger tips. And if not a teenager, then perhaps still a sorority girl trying to put together an outfit for the upcoming formal.

What would I wear? How funky could I get? Would I be boring and traditional with my choices? Or would I bust out the black velvet Doc Martins, black chiffon scarf, black spaghetti mini dress and opera length black velvet gloves like I did for sorority formal circa November 1996? (Seriously, I wore Doc Martins with my dress. I was the best-looking outfit of the evening. It was "elegant with an edge.")

No Doc Martin's this time around though. No, if I had my way... This is was I would wear...



I'd go hot pink and slightly punk! What would you wear?

Comments

I would wear exactly what I wore to my prom, but with better shoes! I can't be positive, but I think my silver, closed-toe heels were $49 at Naturalizer. The dress, on the other hand, was a floor-length clingy sweetheart-neckline blue sequin sheath, with three thin straps on each shoulder. Oh, and a side slit that went to mid-thigh, which still gets compliments to this day =) Yes, the prom photo of me and my date (my husband) is on display, but not prominently so.

Popular Posts