Persephone Boston: NOT The Place For "Oral Annie."

Lucky girl, I am. Tonight, Frogger, Bail and Whale (Bail's husband) took The Husband and I to Persephone in Fort Point.

It was my "going-away" dinner. Frogger and Bail had tried to plan a super-insane going-away party for me that involved games, a blow-up sex doll (known as "Oral Annie") and potentially some male strippers... But I cried and said I wanted something calmer and more intimate. Yes, I am a spoil sport.

Note: While I LOVE giving parties for other people, I hate having them for myself. I am very shy about that kind of thing. I refuse all bridal showers or bacherlorette parties, large b-day parties (unless they are joint ones where we celebrate other people's b-days too), or baby showers that are for me specifically.

So, instead, they decided to just have a nice quiet dinner for me and The Husband at Persephone in South Boston. And really, it is a fabulous place. I can't say enough great things about it.

Persephone is part of the Achilles Project. It is the restaurant, but the "Project" also features a lounge area and clothing boutique. The food is sophisticated-fresh American... And it was a great way to be sent-off from Boston's restaurant scene.Fort Point is definitely a great place to hit for drinks and dinner in the city. There are very good spots between what you can find on Summer Street and Congress Street.

Of course, as usual when I try a new place, I had to take pictures of random things we ate...

Asparagus with a deep-fried and poached egg. (Bail ate this. Looks so good!)



Haddock with Spring vegetables. (My dinner.)



Rhubarb crisp with vanilla ice cream (my dessert) and a glass of Pelham Vidal (a Canadian Niagara dessert wine - I had to go a little "Canadian" on my last big dinner!)...



So yummy. So tasty. I had a great time, and couldn't have picked a better way to spend my last "dinner night" in Boston.

Thank you very much Frogger, Bail and Whale. The Husband and I can't wait to have you guys up in Canada.

Comments

Frogger said…
Glad you enjoyed it!

I'll miss you in Boston, but I'm looking forward to seeing you in Toronto.
Unknown said…
I dunno, Oral Annie might've really liked Persephone. I'm glad you enjoyed it - we really did too. Next year (or this year) in Canada.

Popular Posts