Cinco de Mayo Treat: ENCHILADAS!

I love any excuse to make enchiladas...
  • It's Cinco de Mayo.
  • It's my b-day.
  • It's Christmas.
  • It's Halloween.
  • It's just "Tuesday."
Any of these are legitimate reasons to make enchiladas. But the first one is today's excuse. And today I made Chicken, Corn & Guacamole Enchiladas...



Ingredients:
1 avocado, ripened and cubed
1/4 large red onion, chopped finely
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
10 small flour tortillas
2 cups frozen corn
2 cans red enchilada sauce
3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Make a guacamole with the avocado and red onion. Dump both in a bowl and mush together. (DO NOT USE A FOOD PROCESSOR TO MAKE GUACAMOLE EVER!!!! This is BLASPHEMOUS!)
  2. Spread a teaspoon of the guacamole on a flour tortilla.
  3. Spoon in a tablespoon of corn and a tablespoon of the chicken.
  4. Roll the tortilla up and place in a casserole dish.
  5. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, lining them up in the dish nice and tightly.
  6. Pour the cans of enchilada sauce over the rolls.
  7. Top with the shredded cheese.
  8. Place aluminum foil over the dish tightly.
  9. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
Yummy!!!



These would go perfectly with Skinny Girl Margaritas! Alas, I have no Patron or limes to make any. Hopefully you do, though!

Comments

Kim said…
I need some avocado chopping tips if you have any. I typically pride myself on my culinary ability, but that's one thing that, without fail,I always eff up.
Me said…
Really? Avocados are so easy to chop, if they are ripe.

I shall do a post tomorrow for you.
Kimberley said…
It's not so much the chopping as the removing from the skin, removing the pit, not turning it into a squishy mess, etc.
Me said…
Ah!

I start by slicing into the avocado, and twisting the knife around till I have compeltely circled the pit, make two halves

Then I twist the two halves apart. The pit will be in one side. The SAFEST way to remove the pit is by taking a table spoon and scooping the pit out.

Once you have the pit out, lay the avocado half on a cutting board, skin-side down - with the flesh-open side facing up. Take your knife and score the flesh... So make lines going one way, then lines going the other way.

This will make a "cubed" look in the flesh. Then, take your spoon and scoop out the cubes.
April Elizabeth said…
wylers makes a 0 calorie limonade (like crystall ight). I find if ou make the limonade and blend it with ice and tequila it is really delicious and VERY low cal.

on weight watchers it is two points a serving (if you just add one shot per drink)

Popular Posts