Lilacs! Glorious Lilacs!

Spring is totally here. Wanna know how I know?

They had lilac bundles available at a nearby florist yesterday. So I picked up some for my home...



They are sitting in a William Yeoward "Louise" vase on my desk. And they smell divine!

And if they're fragrant and available at the florist, that means that the Arnold Arboretum's bloom is kicking into gear. And sure enough, when I went to their website, I saw that Lilac Sunday is this weekend.

I've been to the Arnold Arboretum only once... About five years ago. And it was just a few days after Lilac Sunday. And the place smelled amazing. There were so many different varieties of lilacs!!! Soft blue ones! Lavender ones! White ones! Pink-ish ones!

I am not going to go on Sunday, but I will venture over there sometime early next week. Might as well, you know? Since I have the time during the week. :)

You should check them out too... But hurry! They won't be in bloom for long! Entrance on the grounds is free! Just don't pick the lilacs!

Comments

April Elizabeth said…
hey! I live 2 blocks from the Arbs. I walk there ever day (twice actually) Ya know, if you need a walking buddy for lilac viewing.
Vanessa said…
I love lilac too. I have a yearly membership to the Arboreteum here so I go whenever I want and never feel guitly if I can't stay very long.
Bex said…
growing up there were lilac trees lined up outside my bedroom window - the smell of them *always* makes me smile and lets me know spring is FINALLY here ;)

Popular Posts