Baking Apple Pie.

I've made apple pie so many times that I don't even follow a recipe anymore. I do it all by instinct. Since Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving, I decided that tonight I would make my dinner to celebrate it, and that includes apple pie.

I like to use about three or four large Granny Smith apples in my pie. I core and peel them first.



Next, I chop the apples up, and dress them with two tablespoons of lemon juice and three tablespoons of cinnamon sugar.



Now, I know how to make pie crust from scratch. But I just didn't have time today to make it, chill it, and then work with it. So I went with the easy solution and bought ready-made pie crusts.



Once I got the pie crust into the pie dish, I dumped in the apple mixture. I then took the second pie crust in the package and cut out little (Canadian) maple leaves. The leaves went on top. Then I placed it in the oven to bake for 45 minutes. (After 15 minutes in the oven, I placed foil around the edge of the pie dish. This prevented the crust from burning.)

The final result...



... was delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts