Day Trip: When Flying Just Makes More Sense.

So, I found out last week that I would be making another tip to NYC soon. The Husband was asked to be the Godfather to a friend's daughter, and we now have to go back up at the end of the month.

"Shit!" I thought. "That means another hotel to be booked and another Bolt Bus reservation to make."

Then I tried to find a reasonable deal on an NYC hotel room for October 31st through the 1st. (The christening is at 9:30am on the 1st.) But while there are plenty of great deals on luxury hotel rooms in NYC, there are no deals that I found in the price range I was looking at.

"It's gonna end up costing us like $500 just to do this trip," I figured. "And it makes more sense to just stay the whole weekend up there, and stay Friday and Saturday nights."

But then it hit me... "What if we could get an early morning flight on the 1st and leave later that same day?"

I began searching for flight deals and found a really fantastic fare. I got both round trip tickets from Boston to NYC for $278 combined.

This is less than the cost of one night in a hotel in NYC. AND, I don't have to worry about packing luggage for the trip. We get up early, do the christening/brunch thing, maybe do some shopping, then head back to the airport. It's so nice!

Comments

Frogger said…
AND, you save yourself about 4 hours on a bus (more if you're stuck in traffic).

Popular Posts