I Use Bad Language??? NO WAY!!! (Like, Duh...)

So get this, people...

Someone tried to leave a comment on my last post... But I didn't think I would be doing it justice by merely publishing it in the "Comments" section... No, no, no... That would not do!

I think it deserves its own post... So here you go...
That person is actually someone who knows you very well, think XXXXXX (I deleted this part. Though it didn't help me identify who the person was.)

They have told me about this argument. (
There's an argument? I thought there were just nasty comments left on my blog by someone who didn't have the balls to leave a name.)

I would like to comment that the only reason "you" pay that much in taxes is because of your husband. (
Umm... Yeah... Because I don't have a job and certainly can't support my family with this job. Yes, you people know me so very well.)

You sound like a stuck up snob when the only reason you have what you have, is because you married it. (
Opinions are like assholes, everyone - including me - has one. And I thought I married husband because I truly love him. And because have a genuine friendship and respect each other's opinions. I mean, one could actually argue that he married me for the Greencard! Though, I know that not to be true.)

For someone your age, I found this blog very sad.

Dear Person Who Left The Comment:

I am sorry you found this blog sad... I am quite proud of it.

It's been linked to from many significant sources on the Internet. It gets nearly 30,000 visits a month. I have received thousands of kind comments in nearly three years. I have inspired others to begin blogging because they read it and knew they could do it too. (Anyone can!) So many others have found enjoyment in it.

Not sure who you are... But half of what you said is opinion... And the other half is simply incorrect.

I never doubted that the person knew me... They just definitely don't know me well... Nor do you. If you did, you would be aware of the fact that I work too. And it's not some "silly-dilly-dally" job. It's actually a pretty good job, with a good company. For which I work very hard, and enjoy my work. And if I lost my job tomorrow, I would go out and get a job wherever I could... Even working at "D-Team" Starbucks... Because I have always been a hard worker - one who can take care of her responsibilities. (And it's not like The Husband isn't working really hard to get me an immigration status which allows me to work once I move to Canada. He knows I fully intend to work once I move up there. I don't plan to live off of him. This is a team. We both can and are able to contribute. That's how we roll.)

Additionally, what a lovely thought... To know someone who "knows" me is gossiping about me without actually knowing really anything about me. As other commenters on the blog have noted: I am passionate, I have a reason for saying everything I do, and I always back up what I have to say with evidence or thought.

I am sorry you thought I was some "weak," "quiet" and "stuck-up" woman before you read the blog. And I really don't care that you now think I am an "uncouth" and "stuck-up" woman who uses bad language. (Again, if you actually knew me... This really, truly wouldn't be a surprise.)

I've always used this language... (Trust me, my Mum has tried for decades to get me to stop.) I've always been this passionate... And I always will be this way. Sure, WHEN I KNOW WHO I AM TALKING TO, I "TAILOR" MY WORDS TO NOT INSULT THE PERSON. But, well, this person left the comments "anonymously." So they chose the weak "nasty comment and run" option. And then they got a response they didn't want? I am sorry to have to explain this to you... But it's their own fault.

So thank you for making this personal. I mean, this blog is a personal space to me... One where I can say whatever I want. It was you and your friend who chose to come into my domain and attack me. Therefore, within this space, I will rip your head off verbally if you mess with me.

You all chose the fight. And I don't back down from fights. Certainly not from people who attack me anonymously, tell me I am "rude" and tell me I am "lazy" because I didn't vote.

If you don't like what I have to say, please don't read. But plenty of my friends and acquaintances do read this blog (hell, even my Mum reads it)... And even when they don't agree with what I write (which is often enough), they respect me enough to leave a comment (using their name or initials) telling me they disagree, or that I am crazy.

So get back on your high horse of superiority, and please take your friend with you. They insulted me first. And yes, I jumped back with a response loaded with harsh words. But as the blog's owner, I can do that.

Please don't come back to this blog. Your readership is not welcome. Not until I get an apology. (Yes, that's right... I wrote it! I want an apology! And you and your friend will get one too once I get mine.)

I know you are probably shocked at my audacity... But really... You truly shouldn't be.

I don't bully others... And I don't tolerate others bulllying me anonymously.

XOXO,
The Missus

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read the posts and I laughed because I thought your responses were entertaingly (I think I made that word up!) fiesty and pretty cool in your responses. I don't think these people know you that well. You do have a nice job, you're intelligent and valued at work and if you weren't married I'm sure you'd still be comfortable. You are also very easy to approach and get along with. I don't think you should let it bother you at all.
Me said…
Thanks Beth... I knew you could be a voice of sanity for me!
Anonymous said…
Getting comments like these mean you've arrived in the Blogosphere :P
I couldn't agree more. I know just how you feel. I have spent the past month dealing with someone who is always telling me what I am doing wrong with my life, husband, baby etc, and of course they are too chicken to leave their name. My own father is constantly berating what I write. You know what I say? Fuck em (how's that for some language?!
xoxo
ym

Popular Posts