Vegan-Raw Lunch.

I had the unique pleasure of meeting with one of my super-smart Google reps today for lunch.

When she was last in Boston, I had confessed to her that I was DYING to stop off at the Googleplex for lunch. (If you've never heard how Google takes care of it's employees with various perks, including free gourmet lunches... READ UP!)

Before we went into the secure building, and up to the cafeteria floor, she warned me...

"Now, please understand," she began, "most people over-due it their first time here. There's a lot of great stuff, and you will want it all. It's hard to exercise restraint."

Right when we walked into the cafeteria, a woman from a new energy drink company offered us a sample of a "calorie-burning" cocktail. It was blueberry-raspberry flavored. And it had extracts from red wine and green tea. It was yum.

Them I was hit by the food scene.

In front of me were stations and stations of glorious food. There was a salad bar. A "spa bar" with various healthy spa foods and fresh fruited water. (Like filtered water with mangoes in it.) Then there was the comfort food section. And a grill section. And the DESSERT section. But... I chose none of this... I went with a very unique section...

The vegan-raw bar.

Yes, if you've seen Sex and the City from Season 6... You are familiar with the concept of eating "raw." It's vegan, non-dairy and nothing is cooked over a low temperature. It sounds unappetizing... But it was delicious. So delicious!!!



I know, bad picture... But on my plate is:
  • Lentil & Rice Casserole (OMG! So good!)
  • Turnips with Tarragon sauce (The only thing I didn't like.)
  • An Apple and Grain Salad
  • Wheatberry with Cranberries Salad
  • Roasted Zucchini
  • Marinated Mushrooms
  • Asparagus
After wards, I did hit the dessert table for a few things, including a small shot of hot chocolate with orange and mint in it. (Surprisingly, very good.)

I mean, I love my company and am very happy with a free weekly lunch... But Google people are VERY lucky!

Many thanks to my Google rep for indulging my curiosity and getting me in there.

Comments

Popular Posts